Mar 22, 2022
Position: Office Manager
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Standard Elevator is a leading Elevator equipment and components supplier in North America. SES serves all major elevator companies and most independent elevator contractors in the industry. SES has multiple industrial manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout North America and is proud to be a leader in elevator engineering, technology, and innovation. We are a motivated, passionate, and fast-paced culture seeking result and timeline oriented individuals to join our entrepreneurial environment.
Description of the Position:
The Office Manager will support the business administration functions of the company and assist management with various tasks and projects. The Office Manager will act as a point of contact for our employees and vendors. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent organization skills along with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. Ultimately, you will provide administrative support to our staff and ensure all daily procedures run smoothly.
- Reviews and processes employee transactions within HR system including, but not limited to, new hires, transfers, job changes, pay changes, employee data and/or status changes, and terminations
- Performs support functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Provides general administrative support (e.g., preparing correspondence, document scanning/copying, mail processing) as needed
- Prepares and maintains files for employee record-keeping. Ensures separate employee files are maintained for medical, EEOC, etc. Organizes, researches, audits and archives as necessary
- Organizes employee events
- Performs monthly bookkeeping and financial reporting in QuickBooks
- Maintains office supply inventory
- Manages social media accounts and marketing newsletters
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business including general administrative assistance
- 5+ Years related experience
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Great interpersonal skills – Displays honesty, ethics and integrity at all times
- Excellent customer service and communication skills including a positive attitude
- Superior problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Strong computer and Internet research skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Windows OS
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors
- Sensitivity to confidential matters
- QuickBooks experience highly preferred
- Must have prompt and regular attendance, a sense of urgency, self-motivation and discipline, the ability to develop a rapport, and be a team player
- Minimum of 40 hours per week
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package including Medical / Dental / Vision for family, and company matching 401k plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.