Welder / Machine Operator
Mar 22, 2022
Position: Welder / Machine Operator
Location: Multiple Locations
Standard Elevator Systems is a technology driven elevator solution provider. Innovative offerings include elevator field technology, new elevator system designs, customized modernization solutions, and integrated elevator components and sub-systems. Our mission is to develop the best elevator solutions for the field. Standard Elevator Systems utilizes the latest technologies in Automation, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, and Composite Materials in the applications of our solutions. These innovations greatly increase the efficiency of elevator engineering, layout design, system proposal, and field installations. We are continuously looking for positive, energetic, passionate people to join our team.
Standard Elevator Systems is currently seeking experienced welders to join our team. The Welder/Machine Operator will be part of the SES Field Service team. This group is responsible for fabrication of structural components as well as assisting with production. Candidates should have strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to understand our products.
- Select equipment and plan layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques
- Operate a welder, acetylene torch, plasma cutter and various other tools used to rework/repair select materials as needed
- Load, transport and unload material, tools, equipment, and supplies
- Perform minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment
- Observe and comply with all safety and project rules
- Examine welds for bead size and other specifications
- Cut metal plates or structural shapes
- Learn and retain knowledge of SES products
- Assist with operations team/other mechanics with machine production as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Must be experienced forklift operator and knowledgeable of forklift/material handling
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs. and operate basic hand and small electric tools
- Must be mechanically inclined, and be able to work in a team environment
- Highly flexible; Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week with some overtime required
- Must have prompt and regular attendance, a sense of urgency, self-motivation, and discipline
At Standard Elevator Systems, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package, opportunities for advancement and a positive work environment that recognizes initiative and enables personal growth.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.