Import Logistics Specialist
Sep 03, 2021
SES is currently seeking an experienced Import Logistics Specialist to join our team. This person will manage supply chain processes from the time PO is placed until inventory is received and payment is made. Maintain accurate record keeping and open communication throughout the entire process to ensure inventory integrity. Work parallel with overseas agents to perform import logistic functions in preparation for warehouse receiving and accounting payable.
- Assist in the follow through of supply chain order management.
- Communicate with overseas vendors and/or shipping agents daily to arrange the delivery of inventory in accordance with our purchase orders.
- Work with ocean carriers and forwarders to ensure proper booking and tracking of containers.
- Manage the regulatory compliance of commercial documents with custom brokers to ensure on-time custom clearance and container release.
- Follow through inventory receiving processes to provide accurate information for all cross functional teams.
- Partner with accounting department to maintain accurate record keeping, on-time payables, and inventory integrity in both inbound container freight and outbound truck freight.
- Perform similar functions in reverse to assist sales/customer service on exporting to customers.
- Assist with import, shipping, and customs processes for inbound shipments
- Prepare reports; organize and maintain document files
- Enter purchase orders, invoices, and bills into the system
- Analyze and improve operations procedures
- Provide initiatives for business growth and contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results
- Other tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Previous import experience desired
- Familiarity with ocean freight
- Experience with shipping, purchasing, tracking and invoicing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows OS
- Ability to use VLOOKUP and basic formulas in Excel
- SAP experience is a plus
- Problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including a positive attitude
- Minimum of 40 hours per week