Aug 20, 2021
Standard Elevator is the largest elevator traction machine manufacturer in the world. Standard Elevator Systems is the U.S. headquarters for distribution, technical support and engineering. Our products are focused on high performance elevator applications. We are continuously looking for positive, energetic, passionate people to join our team.
Position Summary: The Accounting Specialist will help the company with the day-to-day financial tasks. In this role, the Accounting Specialist will handle accounts payable and receivable along with payroll and bank account reconciliation tasks.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable using accounting SAP B1 and other programs
- Handle accounts payable for different vendors
- Reviews accounts payable invoices, assigns vendor numbers and similar identifying data, and confirms correct accounting codes were used.
- Compare purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges to ensure bills are recorded accurately and timely
- Make certain bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Prepare invoices due for payment
- Bank reconciliation
- Issues payments to vendors as approved.
- Processes payroll and performs all associated tasks.
- Generates monthly reports for management as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven working experience processing payables
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Excel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Minimum of 40 hours per week
At Standard Elevator Systems we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package, opportunities for advancement and a positive work environment that recognizes initiative and enables personal growth.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.