Product Development Engineer (Fluent Mandarin)
Jul 30, 2021
Standard Elevator Systems is a technology driven elevator solution provider headquartered in Memphis, TN. Our mission is to develop the best elevator solutions for the field. Standard Elevator Systems utilizes the latest technologies in Automation, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, and Composite Materials in the applications of our solutions. These innovations greatly increase the efficiency of elevator engineering, layout design, system proposal, and field installations. We are continuously looking for positive, energetic, passionate people to join our team.
Standard Elevator Systems is currently seeking experienced Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to develop and improve our elevator components within our Product Engineering Department. This group of engineers is responsible for coordinating projects from design to production including maintenance, development, and management of new and existing products.
- Building prototypes, testing, establishing specifications and achieving desired performance with the end product
- Collaborate on the creation of technical documents and design drafts at the request of our customers which may include materials, functional characteristics, processes, quality control procedures, etc.
- Support the sales and warranty team with technical issues
- Follow-up on product Improvement lists
- Coordinate with manufacturing facility in China
- Attend and participate in company meetings
- Produce periodic summaries and other reports or lists as requested by management
- Pursue increasing knowledge of the industry, markets, and competitors
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must be mechanically inclined, analytical, creative and be able to work in a team environment
- Must possess superior skills in organization, communication, problem solving, understanding customers’ decision-making process, verbal and written communication and multitasking
- Must have a degree in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Windows OS including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, popular web browsers and search engines, and Windows Explorer
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, experience with SolidWorks a plus
- Finite Element Analysis software experience preferred
- Must have prompt and regular attendance, a sense of urgency, self-motivation, and discipline
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Be able to work after hours if needed.
- Read, write, and speak Mandarin
At Standard Elevator Systems, Inc. we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package, opportunities for advancement and a positive work environment that recognizes initiative and enables personal growth.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
For more information on who we are and what we do, please visit our website. We look forward to hearing from you!