Jul 30, 2021
Standard Elevator Systems is a technology driven elevator solution provider headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee of the United States. Innovative offerings include elevator field technology from FieldX, New Elevator System Designs, Customized Modernization Solutions, and Integrated Elevator Components and Sub-Systems. Our mission is to develop the best elevator solutions for the field. Standard Elevator Systems utilizes the latest technologies in Automation, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, and Composite Materials in the applications of our solutions. These innovations greatly increase the efficiency of elevator engineering, layout design, system proposal, and field installations. We are continuously looking for positive, energetic, passionate people to join our team.
SES is currently seeking a Warehouse Manager to join our Operations team. The Warehouse Manager will play a key role in planning, managing, and coordinating the operations of the warehouse. Responsibilities to include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources to meet business requirements.
- Implement and maintain safety processes (i.e. forklift certification training, fire pump checking) to be compliant with OSHA
- Supervise the implementation of daily work assignments
- Inspect products from staging area to follow up the orders left behind from previous day
- Ensure products are properly received and stocked in the designed area
- Supervise the daily quality control from packing to production orders
- Oversee orders delivered in SAP according to the procedure and resolve any issues in order handling
- Record warehouse employee’s performance and attendance regularly
- Walk the floor daily to maintain a clean, disciplined and orderly work area; upkeep facility maintenance
- Support inventory integrity by involving a cycle count program and product consolidation
- Review order fulfillment performance of planned vs. actual to monitor progress, revising schedules and resolving problems
- Ensure documents and material are properly prepared for next day according to the schedule
- Prepare weekly operation plan including open orders, priorities, and labor resources to meet company goals
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 6+ years of related work experience
- 3+ years of related warehouse management experience
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs. and operate basic hand and small electric tools
- Be familiar with SAP and WMS system
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Windows OS
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills with a focus on organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly flexible; Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Must be punctual and dependable with regular attendance
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week with some overtime required
- Experience different roles within the warehouse and learn all aspects of detail
At Standard Elevator Systems we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package, opportunities for advancement and a positive work environment that recognizes initiative and enables personal growth.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.