Layout Designer Draftsman
Jul 30, 2021
Standard Elevator Systems is a technology driven elevator solution provider headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee. Innovative offerings include elevator field technology, new elevator system designs, customized modernization solutions, and integrated elevator components and sub-systems. Our mission is to develop the best elevator solutions for the field. Standard Elevator Systems utilizes the latest technologies in Automation, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, and Composite Materials in the applications of our solutions. These innovations greatly increase the efficiency of elevator engineering, layout design, system proposal, and field installations. We are continuously looking for positive, energetic, passionate people to join our team.
Standard Elevator Systems is currently seeking experienced Layout Designer Draftsman to join our team. This person will interface with Field Engineering, Product Support and Development, Procurement and Project Management to achieve the product of a world-class elevator.
- Review Architectural and Structural building drawings along with building/elevator specifications
- Create and revise complete elevator layouts based on sales documents, building drawings and
established Engineering designs
- Assess, plan, and produce documentation for Modernization and New Sales, hydraulic and traction elevators
- Identify problems and provide suggestions for possible solutions
- Understand and apply A17.1 Elevator Safety Code
- Meet metrics for safety, quality, delivery, and cost as a general function of the role
- Perform other duties as required
- One to five years related experience or knowledge within the field of mechanical and electrical engineering required
- Possess the ability to closely follow instructions and pre-stablished procedures to perform the functions of the job required
- General knowledge and experience using computer assisted design software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Adobe preferred
- Possess strong customer service skills
- Have the ability to work well within a team environment while demonstrating the ability to make decisions
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
At Standard Elevator Systems, Inc. we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package, opportunities for advancement and a positive work environment that recognizes initiative and enables personal growth.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.