Technical Sales Engineer / Project Manager
Jul 30, 2021
Standard Elevator Systems is a technology driven elevator solution provider headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee. Innovative offerings include elevator field technology, new elevator system designs, customized modernization solutions, and integrated elevator components and sub-systems. Our mission is to develop the best elevator solutions for the field. Standard Elevator Systems utilizes the latest technologies in Automation, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, and Composite Materials in the applications of our solutions. These innovations greatly increase the efficiency of elevator engineering, layout design, system proposal, and field installations. We are continuously looking for positive, energetic, passionate people to join our team.
Standard Elevator Systems is currently seeking experienced technical sales engineers to join our team. The Sales team provides technical/engineering support to our customers via phone and written communications as well as facilitating orders.
- Prepare technical documents for proposals and projects
- Develop and optimize customer relations through regular sales communications
- Create and process proposals and sales orders in accordance with company policy
- Maintain Customer information files and notes within the CRM system in accordance with company policy
- Assist with the resolution of customer issues, problems or complaints
- Pursue increasing knowledge of the industry, markets and competitors
- Assist Engineering team in building prototypes, testing, establishing specifications and achieving desired performance with the end product
- Collaborate on the creation of technical documents and design drafts at the request of our customers which may include materials, functional characteristics, processes, quality control procedures, etc.
- Support the sales and warranty team with technical issues
- Follow-up on Machine Improvement lists
- Produce periodic summaries and other reports or lists as requested by management
- Attend and participate in company meetings
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must be mechanically inclined, analytical, creative and be able to work in a team environment
- Must possess superior skills in organization, communication, problem solving, understanding customers’ decision-making process, verbal and written communication and multitasking
- Degree in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Windows OS including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, popular web browsers and search engines, and Windows Explorer
- Experience in AutoCAD and SolidWorks a plus
- Must have prompt and regular attendance, a sense of urgency, self-motivation, and discipline
At Standard Elevator Systems, Inc. we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package, opportunities for advancement and a positive work environment that recognizes initiative and enables personal growth.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.